The aim of this 3 day programme is to raise the standard of health and safety awareness by giving our ourse participants the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to operate the machine safely. This course will also help participants to comply with statutory requirements as outlined by SOLAS. on the machine – on completion of this training, the candidate will be issued with a provisional CSCS Card.
Working at Heights
The aim of this program is to equip the learners with an understanding of identify Hazards and Risks associated with Working at Heights and appreciate the dangers involved. Understand practical approaches to reducing accidents. It will identify best health and safety practice under Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005. Guide to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, Part 4: Work at Height and the (General Applications) Regulations 2007, Chapter 2 of Part 2: Use of Work Equipment.
Course will run in the classroom. Course participants should wear loose fitting comfortable clothing (trousers) and closed toe shoes. As this course is conducted through English any specific requirements must be notified to the trainer in advance.
Who Should Attend
This training is suitable for clients who are required to work at heights, and will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to work safely and effectively at heights, and basic rescue as required in accordance with legislative requirements, particularly anyone who regularly needs to wear a harness for fall arrest.
Course covers the following:
- Legislation including the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, Part 4 (Working at Heights)
- Organization, Planning and Risk Assessments
- Selection and inspection of work equipment
- Fall prevention
- Requirements for work platform
- Openings / Edge protection
- Roof Work / Fragile surfaces
- Fall protection
- Collective measures
- Individual measures
- Requirements for use of ladders
- Ladder safety
- Care and storage of ladders / Fall restraint
- Fall arrest
- Working at height hazard management.
- Inspection of harnesses / lanyards / anchorage
- Selection and fitting of a harness
- Fall Dynamics
- Logging & and maintenance of working at height equipment
Venue: ECS Safety and Training
On completion of the course you will receive a multiple-choice exam via email with a pass mark of 80% to receive a certificate of completion.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be awarded and ECS Safety and Training, working at heights Certificate of Attendance & Competence. This certification is valid for 3 years.
For onsite training or block booking of course, please contact
|Date & Time||Locations|