This programme is vocational in nature, with knowledge and skills outcomes focusing on preparing people for entry to the workplace in the specific fields of Door and Event security. Emphasis is placed on knowledge of the industry and the law followed by an understanding of best practice procedures and thereafter the application of skills relevant to the practical day to day tasks, including emergency responses.
CSCS Location of Underground Services Monday-Friday
SOLAS APPROVED ORGANISATION FOR:
The aim of our CSCS two day, Location of Underground Services is to raise the standard of health and safety awareness by giving our course participants the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to be competent in the way they work and to be able to plan, direct and organise, manage and be able to undertake work where there may be a risk. This course will also help participants who has contact with underground or other energy services using a Signal generator (CAT & GENNY) or other cable avoidance tools. comply with statutory requirements as outlined by SOLAS.
- (Minimum 6 months experience) or meet criteria in the candidate pack and course notes receipt which must be completed by you and your employer and returned via email to email@example.com 3 days in advance to be verfied before you can sit your CSCS Location of Underground Services course.
- All documents will be sent via email along with your booking confirmation form once you have booked your course.
- Course location: Details will be in your booking confirmation form and a text will be sent to you 2 days inadvance of your course taking place with location, date of your course and all details with everything you are required to have with you on the day.
- Please Note: that Car or Taxi is the only mode of Transport to our Venue.
- Course Venue Address: ECS Safety & Training, Brownsbarn, Lower Commons Road, Kingswood Cross, Dublin 22. D22 TK35.
- Contact Details: John Cronin – 085 8546587 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terms & Conditions: Home page of our website.
- One Passport Photograph
- PPS Number
- Safe Pass competed or Managing Safety in Construction Certificate
- Minimum 18 tears of age.
- PPE (personal protective equipment) i.e., Hard Hat, High Vis Vest, Steel Toe Capped Boots, Gloves
All the above requirements are required on the day of the course and must be physically with you in person.
As this course is conducted through English any specific needs/requirements should be identified at time of booking.
Otherwise an approved SOLAS interpreter would need to be provided on-site for the duration of the training course.
The interpreter would need to be approved in advance of the course and be capable of translating any technical words associated with the programme. None English speaking learners are not permitted on the course.
Once you receive your SOLAS candidate pack it must be returned to us 72 hours in advance of the booking taking place.
NOTE: SOLAS rules state that they require 7 days notice from us to run a specific CSCS course.
Who Should Attend
Anyone whose work activities includes Location of Underground Services.
Course covers the following:
- Legal & Occupational Responsibilities.
- Liaison with others.
- Risk Assessment- location and detection of underground services.
- Planning the work.
- Safe Systems of Work- CAT & GENNY.
- Video Presentation.
- Introduction to location & detection equipment – functional checks.
- Practical on-site location of underground services (by each delegate).
- Practical techniques for locating various services – pipes, cables, street lighting, concrete reinforcing bars and locating tee connections.
- Further practical exercise – incorporating all associated equipment.
- Maintenance & storage of underground services (CAT & GENNY) equipment.
- Safe digging techniques.
Duration: 2 day’s
Participants: Up to 4 participants / 1 Instructor
On completion of the course, you will receive a multiple-choice exam and a practical assessment of Location of Underground Services demonstrated by Instructor followed by Student to receive a certificate of completion.
On successful completion candidates will be awarded a QQI Certificate and a SOLAS CSCS card valid for 5 year’s.
For onsite training or block booking of course, please contact
|Date & Time||Locations|